Una página para reforzar el aprendizaje del idioma inglés de forma lúdica y divertida, repasando

domingo, 27 de junio de 2021

Little stories for the summer

 

THE LITTLE SEAL



Foca lives on a small island in the middle of the blue sea.

Isn't it the most beautiful place in the world? he asks his mother every day.

Of course it is, sweetheart. ---- She always replies.

Foca is still small, but she is growing very fast and getting chubbier every day. Although her fins are short, she can swim fast and jump over the waves. Her eyes are like two shiny black stones, always looking for something to play with.

On his island there is a cave to sleep in at night. There is also a white sandy beach.  The sea water is so clean that seal can see the fish swimming underneath every morning.

Foca wants to know everything and asks: "Where do the fish go, mummy? Can I go with them?

They go to school---- his mother explains to him.

You are going to school this year too.

Foca is sunbathing. He likes to close his eyes and feel the warmth.  She likes it so much that sometimes she falls asleep.  Mummy is in the water and sticks her head out from time to time to see her.  She is the best swimmer in the world.

The little seal swims almost as well as she does. She used to feed on her mother's milk, but now she can eat fish.  She loves sardines. 

But what she likes most is to accompany her mother when she goes fishing.

Foca looks for octopus on the rocks and chases squid.

Once a crab pinched his nose and pulled two hairs out of his moustache.  That's why he always sticks his fin into the holes before sticking his nose out.

What do we do when we've finished eating --- asks mummy seal.

We have to take a nap---- answers the little seal.

That too,--- laughs her mother.    But first we have to brush our teeth.

One afternoon, seal saw a very big animal in the sea. He wanted to go swimming with it, but his mother said: --- That's not an animal, it's a boat.  And you can't play with boats.

Why can't I swim with it? ---- asked the seal.

Boats are very dangerous. They don't have flippers like fish. They don't swim like us. 

Boats have propellers that they use to move and that can hurt you a lot.

There are people on the boats, they don't fish as well as we do, but they eat fish. And if you get too close, they can catch you without wanting to----. Her mother explained.

The little seal vowed never to go near the boats.

After a day of fishing, they lie on the sand and dry off in the sun.  Mum fixes and cleans their hair.  Then she does the same with the seal's hair.

Ouch, you bit me, mum! ---- complains jokingly.

Well, now it's going to be worse... Now I'm going to tickle you!

At night, seal looks at the stars. He always looks for the one that shines the brightest.

How many stars are there, mummy? I can already count to ten.

Well, there are many more than you can count.

It's time to go to sleep---- announces mummy seal.

Inside the cave, the stars are no longer visible. The little seal closes his eyes and dreams of his beach full of sardines and shells.

FOCA  ... The little seal



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


A packaged mystery.

 

Do you know what a magnifying glass is? It's a lens that magnifies things and we see them better. I am a detective; I am dedicated to investigating and discovering the truth. I always carry my magnifying glasses with me, in my trench coat. That's why everyone calls me Lupas, the wolf detective.

I investigate mysteries; I use my magnifying glasses to find out what has happened.

I have a friend. Her name is Nanai.

She is very tall. She is a giraffe. She loves to read and solve mysteries. She gives me wise advice to help me solve the mysteries.

My front door is a normal door with a sign "Lobo Lupas Detective". When someone comes, they can ring the doorbell or knock on the door.

It was Nando, the postman, and he had a very serious look on his face. Nando is a panda bear, black and white.

What is it, Nando?

I have a parcel but I don't know who it's for. It doesn't say all the details. I've been a postman for many years and I've never made a mistake when I've delivered a letter or a parcel. Please Lupas, help me, where do I have to take this parcel?

There are three buildings on Three Houses Street: a jewellery shop, a museum and a bank.

And in these three buildings they have valuable things.

I know! We can open the package!

No," said my friend Nanai, who was there with me, "You can't open other people's packages.

Nanai is right," confirmed Nanado. You can't open other people's letters or parcels.

So I had to think some more.

OK, I'll use my X-ray magnifying glass.

It's for looking inside things. If we see that it has money it will be for the bank, if it has jewellery it will be for the jewellery shop and if it has something old it will be for the museum.

I took my X-ray magnifying glass and put it on top of the package and what did I see?

Nothing, the package is empty!

And why would anyone send an empty package?

That's strange, said Nanai. And how can the package be valuable if it's empty?

The postman Nando did not know where to take his parcel. It was a valuable parcel but it was empty.

I used my magnifying glass to look at the outside of the parcel. With that magnifying glass small things look bigger. I checked the paper of the parcel first. Then I checked the lettering but saw nothing new. Last I checked the stamps. And then .... One of the three stamps on the package was different from the other two.

It is not a normal stamp, it looks quite old.

Exactly, it is a very valuable stamp. Something like that has to be in a museum.

Nando, you have to take it to the museum.

The panda bear wiggled its black ears, smiled with its black mouth and winked one of its black eyes at me. Then he stretched out one of his black paws in which he held a white envelope.

-I have a letter for you too.

I opened the envelope, it was not empty. Inside was a magnifying glass. A red magnifying glass. I was glad I didn't have a red magnifying glass.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario